How to look after your UPS
The following check list should ensure that you benefit from our experience and expertise and can look forward to many years trouble free continuous power from your UPS system.
Ensure that the UPS is installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s guideline and wiring regulations.
- Ensure that the UPS is installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s guideline and wiring regulations.
- Provide adequate clearance around the UPS for ventilation and maintenance access.
- Never position a UPS near water pipes or sprinklers. Avoid placing a UPS directly under an air conditioner.The offer of server services .
- Do not smoke or allow naked lights in the vicinity of the UPS or its battery.
- Keep the room in which the UPS is situated dry, clean and dust free.
- Do not store or use corrosive materials in the vicinity of the UPS and never allow them to be introduced into the atmosphere in the UPS’s room.
- Do not allow building or electrical work to be carried out near the UPS unless the machine has first been de-energised and covered. Thoroughly clean the room before re-energising the machine.
- To ensure optimum performance and life out of the UPS the ambient temperature in the battery cabinet / compartment should be maintained between 20 to 25 degrees centigrade.
- Ensure that ventilation / air conditioning is sufficient to cope with the heat dissipated by larger UPS and is capable of maintaining the UPS’s room within recommended ambient temperature and humidity recommendations.
- Never connect the output of the UPS into the input of the UPS.
- Regularly perform a mains failure / battery discharge test.
- Consider fully the benefits of taking out a service contract on the equipment.
- Never attempt to service the equipment yourself as dangerous voltages exist within the system even when switched off. Refer all service and repair work to a professional service provider.